Favorite Containers for Yogurt in Pot-In-Pot Method: Glass or Ceramic Options for 3 Quart Instant Pot?

operi

For those that make yogurt in containers inside your pot instead of directly in the inner pot itself, could you share what your favorite container to use is?
It looks like I may keep one of my IPs after all, the 3 quart to make yogurt with.
I will only be making 1 quart of yogurt at a time so I plan to make the yogurt in a glass or ceramic container via the PIP method. A quart mason jar is too tall, unfortunately. Two pint jars will fit side by side and that's what I'll do if I can't find a container I like more.
I'm sure I'm not the only one to prefer making yogurt in a container inside the pot. So I hope you guys will share what you like making your yogurt in. What I'm looking for needs to be glass or ceramic, no metal or plastic. 1 quart size or slightly bigger so it's not to the brim. Has a lid that seals tight. It also needs to fit inside a 3 quart IP with its glass lid.
I do own a silicone lid for the inner pot. But I prefer culturing in glass or ceramic. Also, a 3 quart pot would take up a lot of space for only 1 quart of yogurt. I only go shopping every 3 to 4 weeks and my fridge is packed for the first week or so afterwards, no room to spare.

I use the 8oz wide mouth canning jars with a plastic lid. I am not sure how many of these will fit in a 3qt but they fit well in my 6qt. I would assume they will fit well if 2 pint jars can fit side by side.
Kerr Canning Jars, Wide Mouth Half-Pint (8 oz.) Mason Jars with Lids and Bands, 12 Count https://www.walmart.com/ip/939043633
Ball Regular Mouth Black Plastic Leak - Proof Lids for Canning Jars - 6 / Pack https://a.co/d/bPYdvp9

I have an 8qt Duo and use five [5] one pint size glass Mason jars to make yogurt. No lids. Place 2c water in the bottom of the inner liner, place jars, secure lid without ring and turn the knob to seal. I don't want my lid getting knocked off the counter, so I use it when making yogurt. I turn the knob to seal to keep me in the habit; the one time I left the knob in the vent position, my yogurt had a different texture. I run a 9.5 hour incubation cycle since I use glass jars.

Back