How I Finally Managed to Break the Seal on My Instant Pot – Need Help Separating the Dishes Without Losing the Gravy!

cankeel

UPDATE
There were a few things I tried in the last few hours … what worked ….
Soooo in desperation I stuck the whole thing back into the instant pot with the instant pot lid off and filled it up to 3/4 way to the top of the bottom container
Sautéd until it boiled for approx 10 mins
Brought it out onto the counter
Cold water and ice
Pried , pulled. Almost cried. Nothing
In desperation grabbed an ordinary hammer and screwdriver. Couldn’t break the air pocket
Then in sheer brilliance , desperation or don’t give a hoot give it my all
Banged the sides od the bottom container
And that my friends is how you break the seal lol
I want to say thank you to all the suggestions and lessons in physics and science
For all the great comments, suggestions and support. 
Now wondering if my food is still safe to eat - it’s pork but been in the hot water since a few hours ago while I tried different maneuvers. Kind of similar to slow cooking. Heck if I come this far , and been crazing it all for two weeks. Why the heck not?
😂

Trying what I thought was the pot in pot method
And both got stuck together
The top has rice
The bottom one is filled with meat that has an oily sauce - mentioning as I don’t want to try a few suggestions I’ve googled which would leave me without the sauce /gravy
My question and looking for suggestions on:
How do I separate the two without wrecking the dish with the gravy below ?
I’m so hungry !!ol
TIA

1725772429775.png

1725772435813.png

Scoop out the rice from the top dish. Then add ice water to the top pan. The cold should make it shrink enough to dislodge from the bottom pan. Good luck!

Not your question, but I bought this to do 2 things at once
Aozita Stackable Steamer Insert Pans with Sling for Instant Pot Accessories 6/8 qt - Pot in Pot, Baking, Casseroles, Lasagna Pans, Food Steamer for Pressure Cooker, Upgrade Interchangeable Lids https://a.co/d/a3z3AuC

@crcampbell I just looked again. Mine is this exact one except I’m missing one of the lids!!! I only have the one with the holes in it.
My sis bought it for me a few years ago so nothing I can do about it now:(
I thought it was odd that the two containers were to go on top of each other without a barrier🤦🏻‍♀️

@cankeel You can stack these without a "barrier". They are meant to stack just like you have them. I've never had them stick together like this, nor have I seen any other posts where this has happened. Just a fluke, I guess.

I managed to “pressure can” a lid on a base last month creating a vacuum. Even cooled there was nothing for it except puncturing the lid or tossing it out joined. Now I have a lidded pot with vent 😬

Back