How I Finally Managed to Break the Seal on My Instant Pot – Need Help Separating the Dishes Without Losing the Gravy!

More heat and more cold. The metal reacts…that’s science! I would heat on the stove for a bit. Coming out of the fridge from overnight, hot water will not heat it up enough. After you get the food and cooking vessel HOT, take it off the heat and immediately load the top bowl with super cold, mostly ice, ice water! After a few minutes start trying to lift the top bowl off.

The bottom one needs to be heated (to expand) and the top one needs to be chilled (to contract).
Put ice in the top one and set them in sink filled with hot water about two thirds up the side of the bottom one. After a minute or so try to pry them apart.

Do you have a kitchen torch? Heat the sides of the bottom bowl. Heat expands materials. It would be even better if you took the rice out and filled the top with ice water.

How did you make out? Did you get that apart? I'm so curious to know, and to know what worked for you! Thanks for your post.

Back