From Eye-Rolling to Score: Just Got a 6qt Pot for $20 and Loving It!

I have two 6 quart. One was gifted to me. The second one I got for $20 brand new in the box.. I'd like a sous vide feature but I'd also like a 3 qt. But I don't think the 3 qt would be big enough to sous vide in. So not sure what to do.

Good deal! I've never found any used ones anywhere so I've ended up getting as good a deal as I could when I got my spares. I only cook for me and my active pots are a 3-qt. Duo, a 6-qt. Lux (my first one), and an 8-qt. Duo. Over the course of time I realized that I preferred the more basic models so to make sure I always had one I bought first one then the other 6-qt. Duos for as good a price as I could find. Then this summer I picked up another 3-qt. Duo. I never imagined I'd have 6 IP's but I do!

I would love to show those who are apprehensive just how easy the IP can be and how I went from never having heard of it to a single person with a total of 6 pots plus the Instant Vortex Plus and the Instant Precision Dutch Oven!

@julie_82 senior centers are a great place to do this since many seniors receive them as gifts… but often they sit in the box for years as it can be difficult to adapt to something new, especially if your eyesight is not what it was, and the instructions are on line… might also be an idea to have a few basic cheat sheets to pass out, and even some magnetic ones to sell.
I’ve found that apart from a justified fear of pressure cookers in general, (they remember when the lid could take out the kitchen)
Many use way too much water, like covering potatoes for mash etc.
If you can get a local food bank to do a class, make sure you suggest that you’ve had to borrow that many, manages to acquire… for the purpose of demonstration, point out that they become available at yard sales and market place and goodwill etc…and show cheaper meals, eg chicken pot pie soup , starting with a carcass, but not from a rotisserie chicken, as you can’t buy hot food on EBT… sticking to mainly one pot meals would be a great idea… chili, soups, stews, that wonderful kielbasa, potato and fresh green beans dish 😜
I used to do volunteer demonstrations with fresh farm veggies at senior/low income centers. The more humor you can involve, the more interest you hold… the more you can have people come up and “have a go” the better they learn… and if you have results for everyone to s snack on as its ready, the more likely you’ll be asked back- then you can build up to a night class at a high school
Make it happen! Good luck 👍😁

Back