3 Qt Duo Plus Sauté Mode Issues – Pot Not Heating Properly, Seeking Advice Before Returning

kimutaikim

i recently posted questions abou the 3 qt duo plus. The sauté mode does not achieve the hot setting. My third attempt the pot took 13 minutes to reach the first level on the middle heat. I don’t think it would have gone any higher, so stopped and turned it off. Switched to my 8 qt. The prior 2 uses the pot did not hold the settings, had the time set for more time than really needed. It dropped to low both times. I believe the pot is defective.
Comments, advice, appreciated before I return it.

Did you toggle the saute setting through all three of the options there's less normal and more. Most of the time I use more as it's the hottest

Do you press SAUTÉ several times to get the 3 levels of temperature - use “Less” mode for simmering, thickening, reducing liquids and for foods that may burn easily;
- use “Normal” or “Medium” mode for searing;
- use “More” mode for browning and stir-frying.
***Some newer models (like the CRISP models) only have “Hi” and “Low” with some having a Custom feature. So, be sure to check your User Manual)***.

I’ve been using the 8 qt since 2017 with no problems so accustomed to the controls. Yes I use the sauté button to toggle, and also set a longer time than really needed. I really want to keep the 3 qt and hope I can get the problem solved. Thank again for your help.

@kimutaikim You need to contact customer service. Sounds like your pot is defective. I also have the 3 qt duo plus and it heats up to high on saute in less than 10 minutes, I have increased the time when I'm sauteing ingredients and it stays hot. Works exactly like my 8 qt duo.

Back