Instant Pot Models: Duo Plus 9-in-1 vs. Rio Wide Base 7-in-1 – What's the Difference?

@abeazishar Nope, you do have the Wide Plus. I only brought up the "not wide" Rio because it was originally called Duo and was confusing so they changed the name, but there might be packaging out there that still says Duo. Above your comment, I gave you the link to the manual for your model, Rio Wide Plus.

@ajungianideal I went to Kohl’s today and bought what I thought was the Rio Wide Plus. When I unpacked it, the manual says Rio Plus Wide, not Rio Wide Plus. It’s the same manual you put a link to here. Says Rio Plus Wide. The model number DPPC801GM, which is different from the Wide Plus on the Kohl’s website as well as on the IP site and Amazon. I’ve searched the web but cannot find a reference to this mixup in the name and model number except here in reference to QVC. Does Kohl’s sell the QVC model. I want to be sure I got what I paid for and not some knock off model. Thoughts?

You would need to contact Customer Care about model numbers. I don't have any clue about those, but there are only two Rio wides. The "regular" and the "plus". And actually, the way the manual words it makes more sense. You have Rio, Rio wide and Rio Plus wide. Rio wide plus makes less sense but that's how they have it on the site.

This seems to be a QVC error with QVC listing it with the wrong model name. The manual you have is for the correct model. I would contact QVC if the Rio Plus is not what you wanted.

I just got an instant duo viva, 8 qt 9-1. I messaged Instant pot, they told me it was same as instant pot viva 3. Confusing I can’t fine either in google.

@dmast Yes, you have an Instant Pot Viva, version 3. It's the third edition of the Viva. Type Instant Pot Viva in Google and you will find tons of information. You can go to Instant website and find the manual or scan the QR code off the box for it.

From what I have read, IP is mothballing the name Duo and replacing it with the name Rio. QVC just didn't get the memo.

Back