Instant Pot Duo Plus Spitting Liquid and Spices During Quick Release

Mine does this every time. Just gotta do a more controlled release as everyone says. The pot is not going bad it’s normal! 😊

As others have suggested,, try a controlled release. You might also try tying herbs and whole spices in a cheesecloth bag, which will allow them to flavor the soup, but not coat the lid or be spewed out.

Do you see the round cap with the holes in it on your lid? That is your anti block shield. It should be popped off, clean it and the lid and pop it back on. It should be cleaned every time you use it. If it’s not cleaned it can cause all sorts of issues and this is one of them.

I only do a quick on things I am basically boiling in water; eggs, potatoes, etc. stews, soups, BBQ, roasts, etc. I always calculate some amount of natural release time to let pressure lower.
Just my method. 🤪🤪

When you have a lot of liquid and you do a quick release it is going to spurt all over the place. Let it do a natural release first. Then do a controlled release. There's nothing wrong with your pot. Although you might want to check your sealing ring.

Back