Cookbook Recommendations for IP 3L/Qt: Metric Measurements, Unprocessed Ingredients, and Photos for Each Recipe

pokerstarscafe

Greetings from Australia. I was gifted a baby IP 3L/Qt for my 50th 5 weeks ago. I love it.
I’m after cookbook recommendations that
(a) have metric measures
(b) use mainly unprocessed ingredients eg not a sachet of ranch powder or a can of this unless it’s generic like a can of corn or diced tomatoes. I can’t get American groceries.
(c) has a photo of every recipe.
We like most cuisines, especially Mexican and Indian.
My IP is not an airfryer.
Thank you!

There are a few Women’s Weekly books. Another great resource is the Amy + Jacky website (they’re Canadian so metric).

Rootitoot Instant Pot Recipes & Help she's from Canada. Her books are very easy step by step..she gives great detail in book one on basics of IP. Most of her recipes start with real ingredients. There's a fb group you can join to get inspired too.

@marjoriejacinthe oooh that sounds like what I want. Thank you.
I like to flick through recipe books before buying and my son likes to point at pictures. There’s only one local book at the moment and if dedicates too much space to airfrying. I dislike buying recipe books online because I can’t flick. Yes lots of recipes online but we have 12 allergies so standard format quick scan book works for us.
I have an extensive spice cupboard and love from scratch cooking. Working out timing in IP has been a big hit and miss with fall apart carrots for example.

@pokerstarscafe I have multiple food allergies. I’ve had my 8 qt. and 3 qt. for many years. I don’t cook with processed food, either.
As mentioned, Amy and Jacky’s website is excellent, and be sure to find the section that teaches you how to pressure cook properly! Was a Godsend for me!
Rootitoots is excellent, but no pictures.
Many online recipes are American, with Ranch Dressing packets, etc! The “dump and go”recipes are not necessarily the healthiest, nor tastiest. Amazing how sautéing meat improves the flavour!
I lived in Melbourne/Alice Springs in the 70’s - all the best in your IP cooking!

@kamiller1972 I do too…. for anything except recipes. I have 12 food allergies and blood sugar issues. I need standard format print layout I can scan the ingredients list in 5 seconds to see if it can work for me and be considered edible by my son with sensory issues without scrolling forever past waffle about how their grandma made it every thanksgiving and often the method before ingredients to find it contains items not available in Australia.
I’m digital everywhere else but just love paper recipe books

@iamsaved84 I’m still trying to translate American terms for food into something I can understand. Like sausage which I take to be the pork mix inside sausage casings which we don’t have. Most are sausages are fine textured except gourmet ones which aren’t cheap. I guess minced pork is my start point.
I can roughly translate fluids but weights beyond a pound get complicated

Back