Cookbook Recommendations for IP 3L/Qt: Metric Measurements, Unprocessed Ingredients, and Photos for Each Recipe

@pokerstarscafe yeah I know what you mean. You can use google as well, just ask it to translate something like 1 stick of butter to grams. That is one that always threw me because most of our butter weighs 1 pound or 454 grams. A recipe site you might like is https://profusioncurry.com/ which has a lot of recipes for the IP. I've made the mushroom risotto and broccoli Cheddar soup and they were really good. I find the Jeffery Eisner recipes to be good but also high in fat and use things that we don't have in Canada.

Not metric, but the InstantLoss.com recipes are unprocessed. She has a bunch of recipes online so you could try those and order the paper or kindle books if you like what you see.

The instantloss cook books use all real food, nothing processed but it doesn’t have metrics and pics of every meal but the recipes are amazing

This channel has lots of great tips and information.
The recipes are well tested, easy to follow and delicious!
Enjoy Tiborco Cooking. Easy To make Recipes Instant Pot.
Best Food Recipes and Ideas. It will make a difference.

Me, I don’t own a cookbook. When I want to make something different, I go on YouTube and search and get lots of recommendations. Plus I get to see how they make it. Good luck. I have a 3 quart also. 

There's a group specifically for the 3qt mini. I also Google recipes that don't include packets like ranch seasoning . Have fun! I love mine.

@pokerstarscafe - I have a 3 quart Mini. I have an app that holds recipes you find online or that you enter manually, like old family recipes not for the pressure cooker. It also has a function that will convert recipe ingredients from Standard (US) to Metric or visa versa. It will also cut recipe ingredients in half, thirds etc. or double, triple etc. ………. I love the Paprika Recipe Manager 3 app! - paprikaapp.com - I have it on my Mac, iPad & iPhone and they sync really well and fast. They also have Windows and Android versions. All sync with each other. The website shows the different devices. Many just get the inexpensive iOS version for their iPhone and/or iPad, but I don’t mind paying more for also having it on my Mac desktop. None of the apps are subscription. You pay once and it is yours, with all the bells & whistles. You do not have in-app purchases to upgrade to get all the features...recipes, browser access, pantry, grocery shopping lists, menu planner, “Scale & Convert” function, etc. Also, the app stays open while you are cooking so you don’t have to worry about it closing while you are using it. You can also print the recipes in several other formats besides the letter-size format i.e. 3x5, 3.5x5, 4x6 and 5x7. Many other perks!
When I’m ready to make the recipe, the app stays open at the recipe for as long as I need it. I can also print it out and make notes on it, if needed. If the recipe turns out and I like it, I can put the printed recipe in an “Instant Pot” binder. If it doesn’t work out, I move the recipe to a rejected folder in the app and recycle the printed recipe.

@edifyempower yes and they don’t say if it’s in imperial or metric or both, whether it uses real food I can buy and often doesn’t have pictures for my son to point out what he wants. That’s why I’m asking for specific cook book recommendations

I love my 3 quart. I do have 2 extra non-stick inserts, which I think are a must, because I might be making boiled eggs, then oatmeal etc. My nutritionist gave me recipes mostly metric for diabetes, and I use a scale and cook by weight.

Hi, I’m in NZ and love Indian and Mexican too! I don’t use cook books but have found this site really good for IP curries:
I make this all the time too:
I’ve also made these, this is an Australian website:

If recipes say “use a packet of taco seasoning” or whatever, I just make a jar of my own with a recipe from another site that looks good.

I recommend recipes by Urvashi Pitre. She has recipes posted to her website and also printed cookbooks. Her butter chicken is easy and the best. She often writes how to make your spice combinations if you prefer that to a premixed packet.

Back