Cookbook Recommendations for IP 3L/Qt: Metric Measurements, Unprocessed Ingredients, and Photos for Each Recipe

@prayertime1 most our butter chicken premixes are wet jars that you don’t add anything to except chicken and onion. It’d split in Pc I think. I do have a spice recipe from a local Indian lady I did a cooking workshop with. We love butter chicken. Have been slow cooking it with jar sauce. My fussy autistic son put some in a bread roll one night and asks me to make more meat for school lunch. He eats a sandwich maybe once or twice a year so I’m super happy to pack him butter chicken in bread roll.
I’ve added her name to my list. There’s a book of hers on eBay I’m keen on. The Indian one.
Thank you

@pokerstarscafe I started with the IP by surfing this FB group a few years ago. I kept seeing her recipes being reposted over and over again. I watched her videos and read her recipes and started there. I've always found recipes by what was really popular and recommended repeatedly. I'm not into the really complicated, special ingredients type stuff that appears in this group nowadays.

@prayertime1 my son is autistic with limited food adventures. Nothing too fancy unless I can hide it or lie. Oddly I’ve trained him up to medium curry and chilli now. Except for the new brand of “mild” spices last week. It was soooo hot. I’m frugal and don’t like wasting food on environmental level either. But it was inedible.
We’re just getting the start of our cold weather so time for some comfort foods (that I can smuggle veggies in)

@pokerstarscafe we don't have any food allergies or issues. We did slowly up our spices over the years and the kids caught up and have a good tolerance. I can't say that I understand, but I do find it daunting to eliminate anything from our diets. Good luck to you!

@prayertime1 I so agree with you. One of them that is constantly posting has the most unhealthy recipes. I think maybe his grandma told him the same thing my grandma told me; "shoe leather would be tasty if you put enough butter, fats and salt on it." Urvashi Pitre is a true cook and her recipes make delicious food using spices and developing flavors from healthy ingredients.

Thank you for your recommendations. I really like Rootitoot’s tone on the website. She explains the why and how really well. Book is not cheap to get here though. Digital is too awkward with a 15+ year old black and white kindle and no tablet.
Meanwhile I have more books in my Amazon cart than I can afford if I also want to pay the electricity and gas bill. I need electricity for my Instant Pot 🤣

Back