How I Finally Managed to Break the Seal on My Instant Pot – Need Help Separating the Dishes Without Losing the Gravy!

Empty rice. Put ice in top pot. Set bottom pot in hot water. Bottom pot needs to expand and top pot needs to shrink.

Pot in pot means food in a pot to go into the IP. U took it too literally.
Water in the bottom of the IP for setting the pressure to cook.

@cankeel U stacked 2 pots together of the same size. Pot in pot never meant that. And they get stuck together. So sad. I have used 2 layers in the IP, different size container.

@snows, The bottom one has a ridge around it to keep it to prevent it from going in all the way. She stacked them wrong. But they are made for the IP.

@lovnchrist the pan is round. No matter the ridge or how u stack it it will get stuck it looks like.
A rack as in one posted photo or 2 chopsticks in between the pans will prevent this problem.

I thought these were the sticking pans. I have a set of ekovana sticking pans thst I use for pot in pot and they do still get almost vacuum sealed.together. What I usually do is hold the bottom pan with a dish towel or.pit holder and use one of those silicone MIT things to grip the edge of the top pan and just pull it up away from the bottom pot.

Back