How to Prevent Chicken from Sticking or Burning in Instant Pot Without Oil?

autumn1123

When you are sautéing Chicken in your pot what do you use to keep it from burning or sticking to your pot? The recipe did not mention a oil or butter or liquid … I want to cook it a little before adding the pasta in and cook the full meal together. This is my first time cooking chicken in the instant pot so I’m a little nervous but I know you all we give me the best advice and courage.

I use whatever I would use in a pan. Don’t forget to deglaze your pot after you sear the chicken or you’ll get the burn error when you pressure cook.

@autumn1123 absolutely make sure to deglaze really well, as the other poster described. Stir and scrape until there is nothing sticking to the pot at all — otherwise the burn notices will drive you crazy!

If you want to use saute, the best thing to do is let it say HOT, then add a little oil. Saute what you want then be sure you deglaze all the brown bits from the bottom with water, or other liquid. You have 3 temperature settings for saute, just hit the saute button more than once. For meat I usually use the high to brown it well. The low for onions or garlic. Hope this helps! - Melody

Back