How to Make Bone Broth from Rotisserie Chicken: A Lesson Learned and a Success Story!

An update to my freezing it. I measured my plastic ice cube tray and it equaled one cup.
I then measured my mini muffin pan and it equaled one cup.
So I tried both.
What I found after they were frozen is this…
Both ways were stuck in there. No easy way to get them out. BUT if you let them sit out for a bit it is easier to remove them.
What I did was run a little water underneath them both. The plastic trays somewhat popped out when I twisted them.
The metal pan I had to push them out which was much easier.
And the metal pan froze faster versus the regular ice cube trays.
I will be using the metal muffin tins in the future.

I keep bags of frozen bones and veggie scraps (onions, celery, carrots, tomatoes) in my freezer. When 2 bags are filled, I make broth.

Oh wow… I was sure you were going to say you dug it out of the garbage!! 😂 Glad to know you went a different direction!! 🥴

I freeze beef or chicken bone broth; 1 1/2 cups broth per quart bag. I find that most recipes call for 1 1/2 cups, 2 cups or 3 cups of broth.

@thiswei I freeze both 2 cup portions and 1 cup portions in ziplocks. I do put the bags in a bowl to freeze so I can microwave after without worrying about leakage.

I save my veggie scraps in the freezer in a gallon bag, and make veggie stock when the bag is full, or if i happen to have a chicken carcass, put the veggie scraps and the chicken carcass in together and have awesome broth! For veggie scraps i usually have onion skins and ends, carrot peels and ends, celery tops, yellow or russett or idaho potato skins, mushroom stems. Can use herb stems from fresh herbs, but i usually buy dried.

Back