Issue with Sauté Function on New 3 qt Duo Plus - Drops to Low Heat

kimutaikim

I’ve used a Duo Plus 8 qt IP for about 6 or 7 years with no problems. I purchased a 3 qt Duo Plus two weeks ago. Made kielbasa cabbage soup twice. Both times the sauté high function would not stay on high, it drops down to level one. I can hear the kielbasa stops searing. Is this “normal” for this pot. My 8 qt does not let the heat drop. I did the water test before cooking in the 3 qt. Any help appreciated. Thank you.

Are you able to set the timer for a longer time? Mine would stop because there wasn't enough time set.. I thought it should just stay on.. now I set 30 minutes because I don't like it turning off..

my Saute function has a default to 30 min... can change and can be high or low... can you set the length of time on yours

Do you actually see the light moving from More/High to Less/Low?? Or are you just assuming that the temperature level is dropping because it doesn't seem as hot to you?

Is it dropping just when you add food and then going back up? THAT would be normal...cold food will momentarily drop the temperature of the pot but it'll heat back up. This happens in all models. Or is it dropping temp and just not ever going back up?

@tokono , yes, I’m aware the cold food will cause it to drop, and should go back up. But then it dropped.
Dropping and not going back up. I’ve used the Duo Plus 8 qt for years without any problems. Thank you for your help. I will keep trying.

Yes I set the time to 30 minutes, more than I needed. Yes, I selected high setting for the sauté, but as I said it did not stay at high, dropped down to low.
I’m sure you also cook by sound as well as sight and can tell when cooking slows down. Thank you for your suggestions. I will try again to sauté something before using the pressure setting.

My hot sautee turns off before 10 minutes no matter how many minutes I set it. Sometimes it takes a long time to get hot and then only sautées for a few minutes.

I find that the newer pots cool down on sauté, I’ve never noticed the setting change but I’ll look for that. I hit Cancel and then restart the Sauté function and it gets hot again (tonight I had to do this 3 or 4 times but it worked!).

@michaelovesjesus I have 2 newer pots and older pots that will be moving out with my kids when they go back to college. 5 pots in total. I only have to do the reset with both newer ones. And I’ll add I never see the “Hot” message on the newer ones.

Back