Instant Pot Chicken Stock: A Step-by-Step Guide with Results!

francis777

I made chicken stock today in my instant pot. I started out by sautéing onions, celery, and carrots in butter. Then add poultry seasoning. After about 5 to 6 minutes, I canceled the saute program and added 8 fat chicken legs along with 8 cups of water. After it reached the pressure point, I set the timer for 50 minutes. Once it was finished cooking, I let the steam come out naturally. I made 2 separate batches, and it came to 14 (20 0z) containers of stock, as well as 4 containers of chicken.

That's sounds so awesome!!!Did you get a bunch of containers for your stock & chicken at Gordon’s Food Supply or through Amazon? 👏

Yum. Good job. Gotta love Instant Pot broth. I always save the bones and skin and bottom of the pan 'gel' from a rotisserie chicken and put it through two soup cycles along w/odds and ends of veg scraps I save in a freezer bag for the purpose, like kale ribs, celery leaves, parsley stems, mushroom stems, a garlic clove, etc.(no sautéing for me!)
After the second cycle the cartilage is nice, soft, edible, and is high in glycine which can help build collagen.
I also do this with my Thanksgiving and Christmas Turkeys, but have to freeze each one in about 4 portions.

Back