Delicious Louisiana - Style Navy Beans with Sausage: Instant Pot Recipe

Just got this into my IP.. funny.. I am sure you meant to include garlic..😁😁.. musta been an oversight. I also doubled the sausage (kids like bean dishes a bit meatier). I showed my daughter this and she said "yes, please."
Tbh... may be my first IP cook where the pressure time is over an hour.
Time for another beer I guess!!

@muse03. I always add it. There's a saying.. don't listen to recipes, only your heart can tell you how much garlic to add.
Seriously, thank you for this recipe.. I screen shotted it and plan to add to my collection.
Also.. got this stuff that need some use!!

Oh I added garlic, I just forgot to type it out in the recipe. I put garlic in pretty much everything I cook.

Grew up on MS coast but my grandmother was from New Orleans. we ate like that growing up. I am going to have to dry that. Thanks for sharing

You’re welcome! I’m having the leftovers tonight and fried a little more of the ham in bacon grease. The bacon grease adds a good flavor.

It’s a concentrated liquid seasoning. People typically add it to seafood boils. I love it in my beans. It gives a good flavor and adds a little bit of spice. Like I said, it’s concentrated so a little goes a long way.
If you’re unable to find it in stores, Amazon sells it.

SO happy you got to enjoy some good home state food. You could also use Tony Chachere’s instead of the crab boil, same seasonings in it. I don’t use it anymore cause I developed a severe allergic reaction to Cayenne pepper. Yeah, a Cajun allergic to Cayenne pepper. Joke of the century, right?! LOL

@mwboldt I don't have that problem with it but what I do have is that whenever I just turn the valve on top so I can measure some of it out, even if it's down at waist level it causes me to sneeze up a storm!

@julie_82 I think you might have a sensitivity to it. I had to find out the hard way after hurricane Katrina. We came back from evacuation and my dad had gotten some crawfish for a family get-together. I ended up in the ER. That didn’t stop me from eating seafood though. I just had to learn to cook it with different seasonings. We’ve all gotten used to eating it my way now and pretty everyone prefers it that way now. Go figure. LOL

Back