Delicious Louisiana - Style Navy Beans with Sausage: Instant Pot Recipe

@julie_82 oh, I see. Well then, might be just some that escape into the air. But, I’m glad it doesn’t continue to make you sneeze once it’s mixed in. I actually caught myself opening a new canister of coffee creamer day before yesterday, causing some to make a lil dust cloud. It released a lil puff when the seal broke. My husband teased me sayin, you supposed to put it in ya coffee, not inhale it. I told him, oh ya think, Einstein?! LOL

I grew up in Ocean Springs' MS and don't recall ever having this dish ' but OMG it sounds delish. On next weeks menu. Thanks for the recipe!

I’ve been wanting to do this, but it’s just my husband and I and he isn’t big on beans or rice and I need a divorce lol. I was born and raised in Louisiana.

@megchristian make some and then save it up in single size storage bowl and freeze it. It freezes well and all you have to do is either run the bottom of the bowl under warm water to loosen it and heat it in a pot on the stove or pop it in the microwave for a couple of minutes. My microwave is a multiple function microwave, air fryer, convection oven (Galanz is the brand, bought at Walmart), roast, bake, auto reheat, and can microwave and convection cook at the same time. I use the auto reheat preprogrammed by weight to heat frozen entrees and my leftovers. Then you can have some when you want as a side dish.

I've been using basically the same recipe minus the crab boil and ham. Camillia Beans has the recipe on their website. I cook the beans for 30 minutes with a 20 min NR. Beans come out good but not as soft as yours. I might try the long cook you used. Generally, I brown the sausage then remove most of it to be added at the end of the cook. It keeps it from shriveling up. Thanks for posting this recipe.

Thanks for the advice on the sausage. I’ll definitely add mine at the end next time. Another thing I did for my leftovers was fry up more ham in some bacon fat and then added the bacon grease to the beans. It added a good flavor.

Back