IP Duo vs. IP Pro for Family Meals – Worth the Extra Cost?

chair

It’s me again!
I posted a couple of days ago to ask your expertise about 2 models of the IP Duo.
Then I discovered the Pro. (Am still new to IP and this purchase will be my first) and am still researching.
We are a family of 4 and sometimes will be cooking for a larger number of people.
So comparing these 2 together, which one you think will be a better choice?
Am basically looking for an IP that will help me cut down on time cooking the kind of meals that take long time on the stove. Maybe cook rice occasionally, roasts, soups, stuff like that.
And maybe other stuff down the line when I get the hang of it.
Whoever has the Pro, do you think having the flat bottom for sautéing and the handles on the inner pot is worth the extra money? Is there any other big difference between both pots?
Your input is much appreciated!
Thanks in advance!

1725765777334.png

1725765784304.png

I have the 8qt Pro. Best model yet, IMNSHO. Pretty much every IP related post I’ve made in the last year or so was done with it.

I have a Pro and and of the 4 different models I've owned over the years it's my favorite. The handles are totally worth the money. They keep the inner pot from spinning when you stir the food and make it easier to remove the pot from the base. I haven't used the inner pot on the stove yet because I have a large pot

8 qt pro is a must. You will love the stove top sauté option, and the handles are worth it as a safety feature. Any future IP’s we purchase will have the handles.

I like to be able to spin the insert while in the pot when sautéing! I have a pro and a duo. Pro has locked in handles so you can’t spin it around. The pro holds temp much more accurately in the sous vide function though.

Don't be fooled by the fancy settings. You will have your "go-to" settings for your cooking style. "More" does not imply "better." Besides, the consumer always pays more for a "fancier model," just as we do with cars and trucks. I love my Duo 7 in 1. I've had it for about 4 years.

@jacobtheblacksmith as did i...so maybe someone with the experience of those functions can inspire you to actually try them out since they do so many different things...eventually you may be in the market for a new one and the Duo is slowly being phased out. You may find yourself with a "fancy" one some day 😉

I just ordered the new IP Rio Plus. It’s 7.5 qts. Wider and shorter. It says 9 in 1. I seldom use the preset functions, literally 99% of the time using just manual/pressure cook.

Back