IP Duo vs. IP Pro for Family Meals – Worth the Extra Cost?

I bought a pro 6 qt. model. It’s my first Instant pot and I have been using it for lots of things. I use it mainly for soup stew and broth but have made baked potatoes, boiled eggs, roasts and ribs. I like how the vent automatically closes when the lid is locked and the pot with handles is easy to lift out.

I’ve been using the IP 9-1 Duo Plus for about three years and absolutely could not not survived without it, as I have very limited mobility and can’t stand to watch & stir. have also been researching on getting another, they all seem to cook the same, each model varies with some kind of improvement which is great but beware of what you choose as randomly the manufacturer decides to retire certain models so that if you need to buy new rings or accessories they are no longer provided! Even the newer models like the Rio wide, I was considering purchasing however but wanted another inner pot as because I store an entire pot of soup to eat throughout in the refrigerator I have not found anywhere to purchase another
7 1/2 inner pot. Lot's to consider, however they have certainly helped me as I'm almost 80 yrs and by being able to sit and prepare dump and go meals once the lid is locked and time elapses a healthy tasty meal is complete.

Only you know which one you'll like best. We all have our favorites and our opinions. My favorite pot are the older ones that were made Robert Wang was CEO. I have 4 pots and use at least 2 of them a day. In five years I've never had a burn notice or a problem with the lids getting stuck.

Being this close to Black Friday you might want to check out the Instant Pot website as they normally have a fantastic sale for BF.

I have several duos and a pro, pro is definitely worth it, the handles are really nice and it comes to pressure faster imho. Whichever you decide, congrats 👍

I think I’m the one who suggested this the other day and yea, I think the handles are totally worth it. We only have the 6qt but the worse feature of the IP is the spinning of the inner pot when stirring. The handles stop that.

I’ve had many models of the IP since it was introduced, the Pro has been my favorite so far. The handles are a game changer, along with the ability to use the pot on my stove top as a regular pot (due to the flat bottom). I absolutely LOVE this model and would never want to go back to the previous models.

Better is a matter of personal preference and opinion. What's better for one person isn't better for the next. You need to know how you cook and how you would use it . Buy the one that has the features that you really will use.

Back