Delicious Ham and Navy Bean Soup: A DIY Success with BTB Roast Beef and Tobasco!

2gdbtg

I had a mad craving for ham and navy bean soup, and a buttload of leftover ham. I could not find ham bullion or ham base anywhere. So, following Jeffry Eisner's bean soup recipe as a guideline I went for it. I did soak my beans for a couple of hours. Sautéed onion, garlic and chopped ham. I added 6 cups of BTB roast beef, and my pound of beans. 35min high pressure and 20 min NR. Added salt and pepper to taste. And damn it's good. I also like a few splashes of tobasco.

1726295300401.png

@2gdbtg 🤣 I can understand that and sympathize too. It’s just that my 80 year old mind can’t keep up with the lingo and abbreviations of today’s youth. I find it funny and amusing though. No offense meant. Happy New Year.🎊

@faithfilled27
I also am ordering cases of various foods on Amazon. The costs ends up much cheaper than even Walmart. But I also have the WM+ membership and order case lots there no shipping costs. Case of 12 Libby’s sweet corn and also peas for less than $10.00
Free shipping….love it!
And BTB does make a ham base. I order the BTB items not in my store off Amazon
The soup looks yummy. I love navy beans.

This looks wonderful!! My husband is trying a new recipe tonight for this soup, but it's using the slow cooker part of the IP. Which we are not familiar with. I want to go to bed but it still has a couple hours to go, so idk if I should go to bed or not! wish us luck!

Back