IP Duo Didn’t Produce Expected Broth Amount - Counter Messed Up Too!

When you sauted it to a boil it prob boiled some away. But when making broth there isn't a reason to saute just put everything in the pot and pressure cook it

Im thinking that maybe the seal wasnt in right or is old, and maybe you walked away … was steam coming out and pin popped up?
Sometimes steam escapes through the sides of the lid meaning its the seal.
ORrrrrr it could be something stuck in the float valve… pin or silacone to prevent a proper seal.
Sometimes with stuff like apple sauce, pasta, oat meal, split pea soup… it can spit stuff out of the holes and get crusty .
I would take the silacone cap off the pin over the counter so the pieces dont get lost… clean the pin in hot soapy water poking a pipe cleaner in the holes … wash the lid with hot soapy water and use a pipe cleaner in the hole that the pin sets in… also pay special attention to the anti block shield.
Pop it off and clean those holes well, then reassemble and tey the water test.
3 c water… time set to 3.

@clarencethechristmasangel
The pin thing looked ok and I easily blew air thru it..
but I’m certainly going to change the seal and wash it to within an inch of its life!
Oh, and my husband even remarked that I was “watching a pot” way more than I usually do.. thus, making HIM change the guest bedroom sheets all BY HIMSELF! LOL!
Otherwise, he wouldn’t have noticed!

@marke2 yes! I have “mini3,”
“Mrs Magoo”,
And “gravy train”
And then i just stopped naming them because here and there I ended up with a couple dozen pots over the years, gave some away… now am down to the twins “2 mini 3’s” my 2 8’s and a 6!

@marke2 I just cant anymore😂
Hard enough naming my recipes.!
Soooo, if ya dont have enough Turkey recipes… here is mine for an easy frozen butterball 3 lb er feo when you dont wanna mess with a whole bird.
Lots of other recipes to see here if your interested at all.
I like to have one of these in the freezer just for whatever,
Im really having trouble finding the white And dark meat roasts anymore, so when i do find them i get a few of them.

@marke2 but… you do need to run just the gravy pack under hot water to thaw enough to pry it off with a wooden spatula or something that wont pierce the packet. I did talk to butterball though about it, they said that if you do accidentally cook it like that not to worry… food safe plastic, but still… i pull it first.

Mary Childress and while the seal may look like it’s in place you need to completely push in down or this will happen.
IP are so cool for so many things. I think a lot of people are using it beyond it’s useful purposes

@dbtcbank yes. When placing the seal in the lid it has to be manually “manipulated” into the proper place to be effective. That would include pushing it down into place.

Back