IP Duo Didn’t Produce Expected Broth Amount - Counter Messed Up Too!

I think filling it to the fill line is ok but I wouldn’t start with the sauté . The pot needs time to heat up with the lid sealed to build that pressure

Some recipes suggest the saute setting to speed the process.. I’ve done it several times with no problems.. my first suspicion should have been the slow creep to full pressure .. and it never boiled on sauté, just a bit of bubbles at the surface..
I definitely do the straightforward Set It And Watch next time!

@torontogirl
I started it with the sauté setting .. in fact, I’ve done many recipes this way in 5 years of ownership.. never had a problem before..
it’s suggested in several recipes

Why did you put it on sauté to boil before you put the lid on. That defeats the purpose. I don’t know if that has anything to with why the broth leaked out.
You should’ve put the bones, filled with liquid below the fill line, then put the lid on and set it for 2 hours on high pressure. It would take some time to come to pressure (normal), some steam would escape (normal) and the back cup would fill with condensation (normal).

@xxsunlight
I’m replacing all the replaceable things just in case something was wonky..
and thank GOD the touch pad is working ok.. someone mentioned a spill over has been known to jack it up..
I haven’t had time to do another test run but I will ASAP

@jamesjeffery
Good lord. There are TOO MANY models!
I tried to order a replacement parts kit for the Duo on Amazon today and I had to do a search of past orders to get the right model (I was at work, wasting my companies time.. sshhhh..)

Back