Easy Instant Pot Pasta Sauce Recipes Wanted – Using Frozen Tomatoes!

ajamure

Have you made pasta sauce in the Instant Pot? If so, and if your recipe is easy -- i.e., not a million ingredients -- please post it here. I have a bunch of tomatoes in the freezer that I blanched (to get the skins off) and froze so they wouldn't go bad. I want just a plain ordinary sauce, no meat because I have meatballs to add. Jeffrey doesn't seem to have one (although maybe I didn't know the key words to put into his search), and when I google I seem to get only recipes to cook spaghetti with it. I don't want to do that. I just want to use up these tomatoes. I could end up doing it on the stove but you know I don't want to do that. lol. Thanks.

You will definitely want to use the search tab on the homepage for tons of information and recipes for your questions. Tomato sauce, canning recipes, sauce for freezer, might be good search terms. It's a great resource.

In addition to taking the skins off, it is a good idea to remove the tomato seeds when making tomato sauce. This is called "Concese" by chefs. The sauce should be made only with the fleshy part of the tomato.
After removing the skin, I just push my thumbs into the tomato and rinse under water to wash away the seeds.

@rushingjohn Yes, but they use canned tomatoes. I need to use up these fresh ones that I froze.
eta: I just googled and even though it will involve math to figure out how many of my fresh tomatoes equal a can of whole tomatoes, I can probably figure it out. haha 😛

@obinna79 lol. I hate math. 😛 I'm an elementary school substitute teacher and of course I don't ever want to lie to children. But...you should hear me when one of them says they don't like math... I come out with things like "Oh but math is like a puzzle and I know you like puzzles! It's so much fun to try to figure it out." omg... hahaha I figure a lie is best in that situation since of course I'd never tell a child that I hated math. 🫤

FWIW if you're going to freeze tomatoes, no need to blanch and peel them first. Just run them under water when they come out of the freezer and the skins peel right off.

This is good. She has a strong Indian accent but watch it a couple of times to get it all 😉. I change it up by using two pounds of cut up fresh (thawed) tomatoes instead of one, 8 oz fresh mushrooms minced fine, and I add Mrs Dash Italian. I follow the rest of the recipe except for the fresh basil - too strong for me.

Why everybody here keeps going to “Jeffrey” is SOOOO beyond me. His recipes are basic & can be found ANYwhere. Meh. Im not a hater but I’m sure I’ll get a lotta hate ‘cause good grief you’d think he founded this page. 🙄😓🤨😂😅
Go ahead & @me. Whatevs

@jasmineb lol. Because he's funny. And helpful. And his recipes are great, maybe especially because they're "basic" (whatever that means exactly). Personally I hate to cook. But I have a family and have to do it. So give me recipes with clear instructions, ordinary ingredients (and especially ones that if I have to buy them for one recipe I'll definitely be able to use them for another recipe), and results that are guaranteed if I follow instructions. 🙂 -- Oh, and also, he has a cute dog, so there's that.... 🙂

Back