Instant Pot Cooking Time and Settings for Crispy Baby Red Potatoes

Instant pot steams or boils. If you have the air fryer lid, that’s different, but it sounds like you should just roast them in the oven.

Instant Pot won’t make them crispy. Throw them in a glass dish in the oven. 425° for 20-30 mins. That’s my go-by

@01tj I suggest you review the message above you from Cindy Ng.
You may find a wonderful surprise. They certainly look crispy to me in the pictures using a two step process in the instant pot.

I don’t think you’ll get crisp since the IP steams. Unless u mostly cook them quick then oil them up and season and put in the oven at high temp. Or in an air fryer.

IP cooks with steam, but you could cook at high pressure for four minutes, then broil for a couple of minutes in the broiler.

Results: I oiled and seasoned each potatoe before I put them into the IP. I filled the silver bowl to the rim, beyond the fill line (I ignored those warnings, lol), each potatoe was peirced with a fork. I have an 8qt IP, lots of 2 inch red potatoes.
We decided to use the pressure cook setting for 25 minutes on high with a crumpled foil cushion on the bottom.
The potatoes were delicious. The skin was not soft like it had been steamed and not exactly crisp but somewhere in between. A touch of crispness. The potato flesh was firm but completely cooked all of the way through. Nothing was burnt, overcooked or undercooked.
Next time, I plan to use the air fryer lid with the same set up. I think it will crisp the skins more. We will see.
Thanks for sharing all of your wisdom and tips. It helped tremendously.

@gamo can't omit what was not there to begin with. 😉
No liquid. Just the oiled up potatoes with salt, pepper amd rosemary on them. The only oil was rubbed onto the potatoes. They were crispy but would be much more so when I use the air fryer lid.

Back