Instant Pot Cooking Time for Chicken and Rice Recipe

rabidbeaver

I have a recipe I threw together but have not written down and my husband actually enjoys it.
I’m making it today and I usually make it in a small Dutch oven but I thought I would make it in my Instant Pot instead.
-Chicken leg - salt and peppered then browned in the pot with chicken fat or olive oil
- Remove the chicken from the pot and add the chopped onions and peppers - sauté
- add spices, cumin, oregano and turmeric and whatever else I feel like (no measurements)
- add the tomato paste cook for abt a minute
- add the rice (about 3/4 cup and usually basmati rice) - stir in with veggies until well coated with the fat and tomato paste
- add 1 1/2 cups chicken stock
- put the chicken back in and set it on top of the rice and cook until rice is done
What I would like to know, how long should I cook this in the Instant Pot with the pressure cook setting?
Thank you in advance.

This is really tricky… the veggies will be obliterated, the tomato paste is a big burn risk, the rice can be a burn risk… maybe Pot In Pot would be best. Still, the peppers and onions will be mush.

Try to find an IP recipe online with similar ingredients. Try Pressure Luck recipes online or Rootitoot or Six Sisters or Amy and Jackie for proper layering, quantity of thin liquid and correct time.
One option would be to wrap veggies in foil put on top of chicken. I frequently put water/broth/rice in bottom, chicken on trivet over rice, top with veggies in foil. I cook following Amy and Jackie perfect rice recipe

Back