Rootitoot Cookbook Advice: Which Volume Should I Buy for My Instant Pot?

dunjunn

I think the Rootitoot cook book will be just what I need.
The subtitle says " Cook Grandma's dishes in an Instant Pot". Something like that.
2 volumes. Anyone has an opinion which volume I should get?
I am spending more money on insta pot paraphernalia and books than the pot itself! Glad I didn't buy the cart!
Did you read that? A wheel came off the cart and the insta pot fell and got all banged up. Looked like Mr. Potato.

I bought them as a set about a year ago and have only made 2 recipes. I think I just prefer the illustrated step by step instructions in Jeffrey's books. I have a hard time following Rootitoot and the books/print is small. JMO

Rootitoot Instant Pot Recipes & Help Has a group too, most of their members are probably our members too. She started out as member here. But you may find a lot on there that you also like.

When shopping for books you can usually look at the recipe index and even some of the recipes on Amazon before you order. I always suggest to check out their blogs first see if you like their recipes then order the ones from the stuff you like the most.

I bought both books together and use both. You might want to try a few recipes off the website first. If you only buy 1 get the first one. She has so many tips and information to help you get started. All of her recipes have been a win in my household.
I also have JE orange book, but …
I prefer Rootitoot recipes & info.

I have both, but uses volume 1 the most. They use simple ingredients that most people already have on hand. The beginning teaches you the whys and wherefores of using your pot.

First choice would be to get both. But if you could only get one then I would get the first one. Also many of the recipes are on her website. I would check it out and see how you like what’s there. Her cookbooks are by far my most used ones. She is very specific with exactly how to execute each recipe and the first few sections give great info on how everything works with some great tips and tricks.

I’ve had “the cart” for several years. The only issue I had was it can be top heavy with the 8 qt on top. So I just need to be careful

I havent started egg. Have purchased trivets and egg bite. Getting closer to starting. Read a lot to get my head around it so thx for posting 🌻

Back