Instant Pot Lid Problems: Stuck and Wonky Every Time I Use It - Need Advice or Alternatives

my instruction books states to line up the arrows. Instructions are good to read as it can save you. Glad you got it working

Okay, um...how do I say this nicely...
I am tech impaired. Badly. The Instant Pot is the easiest thing ever to use. I have never had that kind of trouble with the lid.
This sounds like what IT calls a PEBCAC (problem exists between computer and chair) issue.

Thanks everyone! My fiancé pryed the lid off and a few people mentioned the arrows which I never knew it had. I lined them up and the damn thing works perfect now! 🤣🤣 The instapot lives to see another day!

When I've had a problem similar to this it was because my silicone ring was not seated correctly preventing it from closing.

I had to watch a you tube video the first time I used it. The arrows to line up were not clear to me until then

I put little silver marks on mine because I could never see the little arrows to line them up! Instant Pot should make those arrows so sight deprived people like me can see them! LOL!

Aw- appreciate you sharing! A very nice tale. I rarely use mine, so will be sure to watch for the arrows!

Those arrows are hard to see - black on black..... and then the seal and the vent markings - equaly hard to read. I have been considering painting those words with silver paint!

@joshiwashiwere we painted the arrows too its great!! But my lid gets stuck and my husband uses a nut pick to push a tiny button on the back side of the lid!!! I never noticed it before so now I don’t worry if it gets stuck. I just get out the nut pick and push on it and it opens right up 😀

Back