Instant Pot Lid Problems: Stuck and Wonky Every Time I Use It - Need Advice or Alternatives

For a little while, my pot’s metal base and outer part were misaligned so I had to figure out how to get it lined up right again.

I used a white paint pen to paint in the arrows so they are solid and show up well. I have to redo it every now and then when it starts to wear off. Otherwise there would be a lot of swearing every time I go to use it!

My husband is an IT engineer. In his line of work they code this type of thing as an
“I-D, 10-T”error. ( It spells a word and means the user is the problem) 😂

I'm in a wheelchair and my Instant Pot sits on top of the counter where I can't see the top that well without standing up. Also, my eyesight it's as good as it was 50 years ago. I decided to make life a little easier. I used white out and painted a very thin white line on the side of the lid right down the middle of the arrow and a white dot on the base of the pot where the lid and pot line up when putting the lid on. Now I just lift the lid up and set it down with the line and dot aligned. Works perfectly every time. Just drop the lid down, twist to seal, and I'm off and running...lol.

@seaman123 I wish I had the space in my tiny kitchen for a cart but I don't. I can stand and walk very short distances. I know I said counter but actually my IP sits on top of my clothes dryer...lol. I have my 2 air fryers sitting on my counters. My washing machine and dryer are side by side at one end of my kitchen area. I wheel around the kitchen and gather all my ingredients in separate dishes and then arrange them on top of the washing machine. There is ALWAYS a liner pot in my IP. When I take a pot out, I automatically reach over and grab my spare pot and put it in the IP so I don't ever make the mistake of putting anything in the base. So when I'm ready to cook, I can stand long enough to arrange my ingredients and then sit down. I reread my recipe to make sure I haven't forgotten anything. Then I just grab my lid, reach up and set it on the IP just lining up the two marks I made on the lid and pot, turn the lid to seal, press the appropriate buttons on the front of the IP and away we go. My husband helps me take the hot food out when the cooking is done. We have a pretty good system. Hubby and I are aging in place and have a system for everything from shopping to cleaning, to cooking. We're in good shape here.

@bmxman32 Sounds like you have everything worked out. I use my instant pot in the laundry room on counter that is table height. Orignally made to fold clothes but since the kids left home I just do it in the living room and watch tv. No more mountains of laundry. The IP works good there. It's out of the way and it works best for releasing pressure.

Make sure gasket and lid are dry and not hot for any reason before putting together and sealing. We learned the hard way.

Line arrows up, use slight down pressure and turn lid to lock. If its missaligned the reason its hard to remove is the locking pin getting stuck. To save wrestling to get it of there is an overide pin hole on back of lid. Use something small and push pin it will release locking pin.

Back