Best Instant Pot Chili Recipe for a Spicy, Hearty 5-Quart Challenge

Aargh… I entered a chili cook-off (amateurs) and need your very best IP chili that’s full of flavor, doesn’t shy away from heat, and is loaded with heartiness (not too saucy/soupy).
Oh, and it has to be a full pot! They’re requesting 5 quarts, so I’m like to do it in one batch.
I’ve made Jeffrey’s and it’s okay but want blue ribbon…
Thank you!

I don’t know about anybody else, but mine changes every time I make it. Hah! And rarely without measurements.

Bonnie Anderson even when I was measuring, it was never the same twice. But that’s how we always made it. Ingredients based on what was in the house and what looked good when adding spice.

If you have a Trader Joe’s by you. Look for ghost pepper flakes. I add them to my chili for a smoky flavor and heat!

Brown 2-3 lbs of hamburger and drain grease. Add the following and cook for 5 min on high with 10 min natural release.
3 cans hot chili beans
3 pkgs hot chili seasoning
1 small can tomato paste
2 cans tomato sauce
1 can dices tomatoes
We sometimes add cooked elbow noodles once it’s done. Also add sour cream, cheddar cheese and green onions or jalapeños. This is so nice and thick and delicious! We no longer make this hot, we use mild, because my old body can’t do spicy anymore. 😞

Back