Best 8qt Instant Pot for Beginners

@postios I agree. And I like the “slider” type pressure release over the wobbly thing. I have both types. Not deal breaker for me, but a preference. Price would be a major factor.

Also check instant pot website they have had a lot of sales going on recently might be better priced than Amazon 🧡

Only thing I really use is:
Saute
Pressure
Yogourt
I have a stand along sous vide stick and air fryers.
Everything else is just fluff.

Better is a matter of personal preference and opinion. What's better for one person may not be better for another. Figure out exactly what functions you would use and then buy the pot that has those functions. Don't buy one just because someone else has it. You won't be happy if it doesn't do what you want.

I have the 8 quart, Duo Plus and LOVE it!! My reasons - The price was the same as 6 qt but I wanted the 8 quart. REASONS === # 1. 8 qt I have more options. I do Canning in it.
# 2. 8 qt. you can use quart size canning Jars.
# 3. 8 qt. I can cook for 8 qt = 8 people instead of 6 people.
# 4. I buy food at the Farmer's Market and want to store long term. 8 qt. I can cook More and freeze those fresh fruits and veggies.
# 5. As an old person, sometimes it is difficult to feel like cooking. Knowing I have Frozen or Canned meals, ready to eat, makes my life soooo much nicer.
# 6. And for my husband, he can just heat something up for us.

@3revan My Duo Plus works great pressure canning. I use it all the time. There is a Facebook group of "Instant Pot Canning" and they also do Pressure Canning with my model and others.

@terapoison you think it will be a better choice for a first timer ? I was also looking at the one with the handles. I guess it’s the duo plus? Not sure.

@chair Yes. They pretty much all work the same, but the extra space for browning is well worth it. I hate having to brown things in batches when using the 6 qts and I have three of them that I very rarely use these days. The Rio is my go to pot.

Take the duo plus for the sous vide function & if you need to sterilize that feature is awesome, have a look at the NEW just out on the market 8 litre Rio Wide Plus, you might get more use out of this style instapot. Happy Cooking 🙂

@heavenlyfleshdotcom I was just looking at it yesterday. Too many choices lol 😂
I like the wide based one for more searing surface. But I also like that other one with the handles in the pot. I guess it’s the plus? Not sure.

My preference is for the older, more basic models. I can't do dairy so no yogurt is no hardship! I don't think I'll ever cook anything sous vide, and I don't need the air fryer lid function. If you want, here is a video from my first IP guru, You Tuber Indigo Nili going through the IP's she had at video time and her real-life experiences with them.

Back