Best Instant Pot Chili Recipe for a Spicy, Hearty 5-Quart Challenge

In my opinion the one that’s traditional with a small twist typically comes out on top. For example, I use typical spices and use ground beef, sausage and kielbasa in mine. Gives it something a little extra and makes it memorable. Also, for the base I use salsa in the blender and add chipotle hot sauce. Now you have all my secrets 😉

Check tons of online recipes, IP or not and compare and contrast what people are doing. I like to go off of Amy and Jacky’s recipe and use bison instead of beef.

I don't follow a recipe, but I can recommend using beer if you need to add liquid and a little unsweetened bakers chocolate. Both make the liquid rich and tasty.

Use our group search and look up chili cook off winner. I bet you can find many posts from winners or recipes that claim to be winners. Good luck!

Try this (you and everyone else will love it 😉)
EXCEPT that I modify it by cooking it in the IP for 10 minutes on high which 5 minutes natural release then manual release.

I like the Amy& Jacky someone posted earlier, and will do a couple different types of beans and a couple types of meat ( besides ground beef). Also a few different types of peppers. My coworker has won some chili competitions at wk because of the different various types of beans & peppers ( including bell pepper) he uses.

Mine changes depending what is on hand / on sale.
1-1.5 lb Ground beef (could use turkey. I often use pork/beef blend)
1 large yellow or white onion diced
2 bell pepper diced (any colours I usually got red and green)
1 jalapeño pepper (Optional)
1 large can black beans, drained/rinsed
2 large can kidney beans, drained/rinsed
1 can hienz chili style beans, as is
2-3 cans tomato soup / or 1-2 cans crushed tomato (or mix of both depend what is on hand)
Water if needed and too thick
Garlic powder
Chili powder
Salt and pepper
Brown the meat, salt/pepper and onions
When onions are half done add in the peppers.
Cook until meat is no longer pink.
Add spices and cook them out a few min.
Add beans & tomato.
Simmer on med-low
Enjoy with cheddar cheese over rice, fries, tots, plain cheese quesadilla or with tortilla chips/nachos.

Hey Lee! We won an amateur Chili Cookoff fundraiser event in our town by adding Maple Syrup to a very meat hearty Chili. The sweetness toned down the heat just a bit. Good luck. (No actual recipe was used, sorry)

Back