Best Instant Pot Chili Recipe for a Spicy, Hearty 5-Quart Challenge

I make this (all the time but especially…) every year for our big fall gathering and now I just print out multiple copies of the recipe because so many people ask for it! So so good.

I like adding some homemade tomatillo sauce to the batches of chili that I make! I haven't reviewed Jeffrey's recipe but maybe even diced green chiles would add an interesting flavor point.

I won a chili cookoff with a recipe I made up using pork butt as the protein. It was delicious and different. Not Instant Pot, but I bet you could experiment and come up with something.

I make chili without a recipe. Haven’t ever entered a contest but people like it. It’s a simple thing to make on the stove or crockpot. I don’t really see the reason to want to make it in an IP.

I make great chili on the stove, I use 3 different kinds of canned beans, rinsed, for color. Lots of dark chili powder, a little cumin, half teaspoon cinnamon to begin with, and a little cocoa powder. Of course I begin with browning my onions and ground beef and ground venison if I have it with chopped celery and simmer with bayleaf in the stewed tomatoes. I add 8-10 cups of Tomato juice if it's too thick. Simmer this for 2 hours before adding your beans. Always better the next day. We do not add extra salt.

I use the dry chili mix from my grocery store… BUT I use ground beef AND stew meat (cut even smaller). Or ground pork and pork stew meat. Bushes has some great chili beans in sauce that I always add. I mean, depends where this competition is located whether you should add beans, but lots of meat seems best

Back