Farewell to My Trusty Cooker! Help Me Find Its Perfect Replacement!

migolshi

RIP
🪦
to the toughest and most loyal appliance I’ve ever owned. It lasted 5 years of almost daily use! It put my range out of business and saved dinner so many times! It earned its forever rest!
Anyway! I’ll have to decide what I will be replacing it with. I mainly use it for pressure cooking, I have an Instant brand air fryer, I absolutely love, so I don’t need a fryer function. I’d also like to be able to use the liner with the next one. Are the liners the same for all 6 qts? I also really loved that I never got burn notice, like I’ve seen people complain about and I wonder if mine was too old of a model and that wasn’t a thing at that time, or is it specific to the Lux models. Any really good sales right now? What would you recommending to with next?
PS. Sorry, this got longer than I intended it to be!

1726294413892.png

It’s only the newer models that get the burn notice and it’s if anything sticks to the bottom. Still love my instant pot. I just make sure I use wine to get the bits off the bottom after sautéing.

Actually, liners are not all the same for the same size. I have a Pro and you would not be able to use that liner in it. Pro liners are flat on the bottom and have handles. They are also safe to use on the stove top, which I think is a huge plus. We have had our Pro for a year and use it frequently. We've never had a burn notice.

Seems it should last longer than 5 years. I'd give the company a call and speak with them. It doesn't hurt

@migolshi Did the beans foam up and boil over, and get into the electronics? It could be that you shorted it out, in which case it might indeed be dead, but you could try drying it out for 72 hours and see if it will turn on.

Warranty is 1 yr I think trying for warranty after 5 yrs would be a bit much. They might offer a small discount BUT the pots are usually cheaper at Amazon or Walmart, especially with Black Friday sales

Most models will have the same liner you do, but not all. If you really want to keep the same style then stay away from the Pro series models and the Duo Evo Plus. Those liners have handles and a flat bottom so they aren't compatible and the liner like yours is not compatible with those models. Also pay attention when buying...some of the newer models have off sizes like 6.5qt, 7.5qt. You'll want to stick with the simpler models...Duo, Duo Plus, for example. Most stores this time of year will have their version of those models (sometimes called a 7 in 1 or 9 in 1 multicooker)...those will use your liner too. Should you want to upgrade and are willing to forgo the liner...the Pro series really IS amazing but again, your liner won't work. You can peek at all of the models and their details at Instanthome.com 🙂

I've gotten a burn notice with my duo but not after I switched to using the non stick ceramic insert. I've not ever had a burn notice on my duo plus. Both are amazing, the only difference is the duo plus has the sous vide, treacle pudding, sterilize and porridge functions, where the duo does not have those. My duo is an 8qt and the duo plus a 6qt. I would contact the IP support to ask what other models would also be compatible with the lux insert as I know some models have different types, some models are wider and shorter than others.

As far as burn notices...all models can experience a "burn". Newer models warn you its coming while older models would just simply shut off, no earning. Also...the ceramic liner does NOT prevent the burn notice.

Back