Farewell to My Trusty Cooker! Help Me Find Its Perfect Replacement!

Most of the six quart pots are interchangeable. The one with the handles, and the wide one are not.
I have a Lux and a Duo. I've never had a Burn Notice.. Most of the time those are user error, not the pot itself. The newer Pots have a little newer technology. So they're more sensitive. If it gives you a Burn Notice there's usually a reason.

I kept the stainless insert from my original IP and found they’ve marked the newer models (at least mine) so the fill line is lower. I would get the burn notice with my new one making chili exactly as I had done with the original. I started using my old liner in the new pot and haven’t had a problem. Definitely keep your old stainless liner and good luck. I don’t like the newer models. I wish they had left well enough alone. Lol ( I had a 6 quart)

I have a 6 quart Lux and never get burn notices, I don’t think this model comes equipped with that,but I’ve had mine for 6 years and still going strong,I’d never trade it for the more expensive brands with more gadgets but that’s just my preference.

Mine died too, after 5 years. But it was used and abused. Dog pulled it to floor when we were away and enjoyed the leftovers. 😂. It worked for 4 years after that. Amazing appliance. They’re so expensive now. Got mine for $59 in 2017

@floorgoli lol I'm pretty sure the stores would frown upon her opening all of the boxes and taking out all of the packaging just to see if a liner fits. There's MUCH simpler ways. Their website, as well as this group, has all of the information she'd need.

@migolshi - How long has it been since you changed your Sealing Ring? Instant Pot says the Sealing Ring is suppose to last for 18-24 months. However, people have had theirs for many different times, up to 5-6 years, or more! Depends upon many different factors, including how often used, cleaning, how often pulled from the lid, storage, etc. The silicone eventually stretches and will not fit the lid anymore. It’s always good to have a backup, new ring.
You can buy new rings (single or double, clear or color) on Amazon but BE SURE YOU BUY THE INSTANT POT BRAND OR YOU COULD VOID YOUR INSTANT POT WARRANTY, if it’s still in effect, or may run into problems with the third-party rings. The same also goes for some stores, like Kohls, Walmart, etc.
OR you can buy them directly from Instant Brands and pay shipping - https://www.instanthome.com/product/instant-pot/parts

I need a steam release valve for mine and have not been able to find one in the aqua color. Would you be interested in selling yours before you throw it out?

Back