IP Slow Cooker Fail: Lasagna Soup Edition - Crunchy Onions but Perfect Noodles!

Every post that’s come up in my feed about the slow cooker option has never had anything positive to say. Pressure cook in the instant pot. Slow cook in a crock pot or Dutch oven

Have to respectfully disagree
Several posts on this page with successful results as a slow cooker
I use both the pressure cook and slow cook functions on my IP
Sautéing onions, peppers, celery etc will soften and build flavor to whatever recipe you are preparing

I use mine all the time. I do custom temp on my IP for slow cooker. Does yours have that option? I also use a glass lid with the IP on slow cooker mode.

@violagirl
I have the original, I can adjust the settings by using the Less, Normal or More. But it’s just the plain Slow Cook button. And what I’ve read is that the less, normal, more settings don’t come up to what a regular slow cooker would.

I used to have issues but read somewhere to sauté everything first so it is heated then switch to slow cooker. Once I started doing that everything I have attempted with slow cooker function has been perfect.

Onions, celery, carrots and bell peppers are usually sauteed until softened. The garlic should only be added in the last minute. Some recipes note this, but most don't. If garlic is tossed in at the beginning, it well burn, turn bitter and ruin a good dish. Same with green onions or parsley.

Back