How to Get the Best Slow Cooking Results with an Instant Pot

santip

I bought my instapot, as my slow cooker had broken and thought my insta would offer the slow cooking and then the extras of pressure cooking etc... but i have read many people saying the slow cooking part isnt great.... would appreciate tips to get the best slow cooking from my insta, is it different to the standard slow cooker?

@ivango it isn't a true ceramic insert.. just a metal pan with a bit of glazing.. I like mine fine and it's nice to have an extra inner pot, but not what I dreamed it would be..

@aleja629 get your crock pot back and ditch your rice cooker, unless you want to press cook and make rice at the same time. The instant pot makes great rice.

I use my Instant Pot as a slow cooker all the time with the same results as a slow cooker. Remember that the low setting is the same as the warm setting on a traditional slow cooker.

@sevenz its interesting that many ppl arent keen.... so if i start by making a chilli, i would usually use low on slow cooker and put on at 8.30am for my evening meal, so would need low on insta then?

Preheat the ingredients on saute. Only use slow cook High/More. Allow 25% more time than a traditional slow cooker.

Back