How to Make Bone Broth from Rotisserie Chicken: A Lesson Learned and a Success Story!

dunamis2007

Last weekend I bought a rotisserie chicken. Took the meat off and threw the carcass away. The next day I read on here on how to make bone broth. I was so ticked I had thrown the bones out.
Soooo……today I bought another rotisserie chicken for $5. Cleaned the meat off and started up my Instant Pot.
It turned out Great and so easy. I have so much broth. I am going to freeze it in ice cube trays now and then store in the freezer (also read from here)!
Thank you!

1725772586314.png

1725772594155.png

Put a gallon bag in your freezer and throw your vegetable ends and pieces in it. When full, make vegetable stock in your instant pot. Gives plain rice a nice flavor when used instead of water. I keep extra stock in freezer. Link to follow

@rudye Exactly this or have TWO one-gallon bags one for chicken bones and one for veggie ends in case you want two separate flavors and don't have the 2+hrs for bone broth. 🙂

I put the bones and all in. Cut up one onion with the onion skin on it. Threw in some carrots, celery, one bay leaf, 8 peppercorns and four smashed garlic cloves. Filled it with water up to the line and then set it at high for 120 minutes. Let it sit for 20 minutes after it was done and then released it. So Easy!!!! I think the hard part will be freezing it in the ice cubes tray….LOL

Back