Instant Pot Pro Plus WiFi - Silicone Ring Purpose & Simmering Issues

Check out PressureLuckCooking.com for trusted step by step recipes, hints, tips and even a video called, "I just got my IP, now what".. 😀

I am assuming you are making the recipe shown in your in the picture. It says slow cooker. I would use the slow cooker function.

I to be used for savory and 2nd fo sweet. Especially oxtail the smell lingers not nice for steamed pudding. That's what mine says

Some good sites
Pressure luck*
Six sisters *
Adventures of a nurse
Rootitoot
365 days of crockpot pressure cooking
Two sleevers
Copy me that
Amy & Jacky *
Pinterest not always tested & true recipes although many will say they use all the time with no fails.

I have the Pro Plus. The low sautĂ© function works well only if the high function hasn’t been on long
 if it’s been on high for a while or if you don’t introduce new room temperature liquid it will keep being hot for a bit
 I have that issue too. The red one is a spare. Typically people use one for “dinner” and one for “sweets” so the flavor from the ring doesn’t get in your cake

You really should just sit down and read your manual. It will explain how your pot works and what all the buttons are for. It really makes a difference. If you don't have one you can get one online.
Stick with recipes from known trusted sources until you learn how to use it. Just because a recipe is on the internet, doesn't mean it's good or will work.

Back