New to Instant Pot Pro Plus: Issues with Notifications and Automatic Cooking

bm84

Hello everyone. I am very new to the instant pot. I also have no vision. I have an instant pot pro plus. It is mostly usable through the app but I have noticed several things. Firstly, I don’t seem to be getting notifications. Does anyone else use this instant pot? The second thing is that I cannot get it to automatically start cooking from a recipe. Is that supposed to happen or am I just miss reading things? I go in to the app and sit what the recipe tells me to do. sorry about dictation errors. Does anyone else have this model?

I don't have that version, but I used to use the app for recipes. It updated a couple of weeks ago and is now completely messed up. I am also completely blind. 

What is the disability group for this? I only got my instant pot a few weeks ago and I have noticed that the app has always been rather clunky. The one which Kisor uses, VeSync, is wonderfully accessible and I was hoping this would be the same way. Haven’t given up yet, though. I was going to purchase the pots with the buttons that you can feel, but then I saw the app and I like the handles too. I have never been able to sauté before and have done so successfully with this pot.

@bm84 hi, I’m Facebook friends with you. Let me see what I can do to get you information on this. I was considering buying this one. But right now I have a 6 quart that has push buttons that I have marked with bump, dots and way around tags. I hate to see you spending that much money and not be able to use it. If you can’t use it, then, hopefully you are not past the return date. Let me work on this right now, and let me see what I can come up with.

Hello Marianne, I am also totally blind, and I have the pro plus. I find it a little more useful with the update to the app. The problem I am having now is finding a way to adjust the pressure release from natural to quick release. I have not tried one of their recipes since the update. Before the update I was able to use their recipes. I think I will probably have to call tech-support also.

@sol4j yes, I sometimes have to set everything up several times before the settings will stick. Doesn’t usually work the first time around. And to change the pressure or pressure release or both ones that you change with a swipe of your finger down words or upwards to decrease or increase the numbers. They do work but the app appears rather sluggish to me and I get no notifications at all. I have a duo here also to try out but I really like the safety features in the pro plus, including the pot with the silicone handles and the automatic pressure release through the app instead of messing with a switch. I will play with the duo tomorrow but I suspect it will go back to Walmart for now. I just want to see what it is like and how operable it really is. i’m just worried that since they have discontinued the Bluetooth model which I never had, I’m afraid they may decide to DC this wi-Fi app also, but let’s hope not.

Back