One Hour Soup Prep: 6 Varieties and Mirepoix for the Week – A Time-Saving, Waste-Reducing Approach!

I've never used a food processor... So a food processor chops veggies nicely? Is there a recommended brand? I'd love a machine to chop veggies for me, especially onions! I have a small tupperware onion chopper but I find the pieces get too small/uneven/watery.

Having 5-6 bags of mirepoix in my freezer was amazing when I had a newborn! It made making a ton of meals in the IP so much faster! Please post the lentil recipe!

@marker855 I've used these. They are much better than normal freezer bags I've also used med glass storage bowls to freeze and then pop the frozen item into the Amazon reusable bags but they don't stack as nice as putting directly into the reusable bags.

@marker855 thanks! I have silicone reusable bags for sandwich size, but not as many bug ones. I don't love washing them, but it would probably work well for something like this.

Love this idea! You just prep everything in the bag and freeze? Do the fresh veggies fresh ok or do they turn to mush once cooked?

@jen1234 You might be interested in searching for “freezer dump dinners” or similar searches (if you didn’t already know about these. 😊) There are cookbooks, etc, on these kinds of meals. A fascinating concept - you dump the frozen contents into your IP or slow cooker!

Back