One Hour Soup Prep: 6 Varieties and Mirepoix for the Week – A Time-Saving, Waste-Reducing Approach!

An option to a food processor would be a manual food chopper such as The Original Vidalia Chop Wizard...there are many different brands on Amazon. I have had one for several years and love it. When chopping, peppers, etc placed pieces on a flat tray, freeze then put in a freezer bag. This way they don't clump together. Laura Wilhoit, your prep work is wonderful!

@thriceunknowndarkness you can do it! I recently started and find it helpful. I am also making two batches of things like shepherd's pie, enchilada casserole, or baked dishes so that I can make it easily in the future. I also find we tend to get tired of the food if I make too much at once.

@liamkincaid I have the Souper Cubes and another brand in different freezing sizes and use them a LOT. Having the lid makes it so easy to freeze and then I pop into a bag that I keep in the freezer marked with the item i.e. Smoothies, etc. Just watch for the ones that say reinforced sides (at the top edge) because so much easier to handle without spilling. I found some of mine on QVC in a different brand.

Back