Perfect Instant Pot Beef Chili: A Healthier, Flavor-Packed Recipe!

heartfire

Instant Pot Chili!! Trying to eat much healthier, I see lots of recipes for Chicken or Turkey Chili and I’m sure there are good ones but any time I replace beef with ground poultry I can tell a big difference in texture and flavor. This is pretty low in calories even with the beef so to me it’s just a better choice. I made this in my brand new IP Pro, It’s by far the best batch of this chili I’ve made, I guess cooking it under pressure not only cooks it faster, it also brings the dish together more, the flavors from the spices were so much more balanced and the meat was as tender as can be. I used sauté mode to cook the onions until lightly browned, added meat and browned that well, then added the spices and tomato paste, stir that a few minutes, then add broth and deglaze very well, top with the beans, tomato sauce and diced tomatoes with juice, do not stir, cook at high pressure for 15 minutes with a full natural release, if it’s not thick enough for you put it back on sauté and stir in just about a tablespoon of cornmeal to help thicken then serve. If you don’t like heat you can leave out the chipotles.
Mike’s Chili
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 medium yellow onion -diced
1 pound 90% lean ground beef
5 tablespoons chili powder
4 tablespoons ground cumin
2 tablespoons tomato paste
1 tablespoon garlic powder
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
1 1/2 cups beef broth