Tortellini Soup Recipe: A Labor of Love and Teenager Commentary

hoorayignorance

I dramatically exclaimed I SLAVED ALL DAY TO MAKE THIS and my 13 year old son said, "dinner in an Instant Pot doesn't take that long" and then my husband had to explain when not to say anything, dude, just eat it or make yourself something else and for goodness' sake don't make Mom any more stressed because she had a hard day.
Tortellini Soup
-1 lb Italian sausage, cooked up on Sauté High
Then add:
-5-ish cups chicken broth (or water with 5-ish tsp chicken Better Than Buiillon or 5 bouillon cubes)
Deglaze by scraping the yummy brown bits off the bottom for the flavor and to avoid a burn notice. Toss in:
-1 large can crushed tomatoes
-2 tsp oregano (or Italian seasoning, whatever you've got on hand)
-1 bag of frozen tortellini
Cook on high pressure for 5 minutes. Once it does its thing, finish your beer/wine/cocktail/homework help/diaper change/toddler drama then release the rest.
Stir in:
-1 bag of fresh spinach (9+ ounces, it shrinks)
-fresh basil or basil paste to taste
Let it sit for 5-ish minutes. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese (unless you're out like we are today), bread, and some extra good-natured sarcasm if you have teenagers whom you have raised to appreciate that kind of thing.

1726294830097.png

@marbro I have teenagers who can take out the trash, do their own laundry, and clean the cat boxes without being asked. I also have a high-stress job. Drinking while cooking is my thing. 😆

Back