One Hour Soup Prep: 6 Varieties and Mirepoix for the Week – A Time-Saving, Waste-Reducing Approach!

@allyouneedislove916
For the Mejadra:
3 cups of green or black lentils
1 cup of brown rice
1-2 onions
2 cups of carrots
2 cups of celery
2 TBS Better than Bullion Vegetable flavor
1 tsp. Black pepper
2 garlic cloves
2 bay leaves
1 small container of mushrooms sliced, optional
1/2 cup optional oil
2 tsp cumin
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp cardamom
About 8-8 cups of water for a very thick stew texture. Cook in the IP for 30 minutes.

@allyouneedislove916
For the Italian bean soup:
3 cups of mixed dried beans (I usually like a white bean, red, and black bean)
1-2 onions
2 cups of carrots
2 cups of celery
2 TBS Better than Bullion Vegetable flavor
1 tsp. Black pepper
2 garlic cloves
2-4 bay leaves
1 small container of mushrooms sliced, optional
1 can diced tomatoes
2 TBS tomato paste
1/2 cup optional oil
2 TBS Italian herb seasoning
1 TBS oregano
Can add extra rosemary or thyme if desired
About 8 cups of water for a very thick stew texture. Cook in the IP for 30 minutes.You can add some lemon juice after to enhance acidity.

@nourishingmomma Mire poix is the combination of vegetables often used in French cooking, but also now in the US, mostly for soups and stews but could be used anywhere (e.g., I often use mire poix for the inside of my omelets along with cheddar cheese).
The traditional proportion btw is 2 parts onion to 1 part celery and 1 part carrot.

Really great idea but I worry cause vegetables be baby food by the time beans are cooked
Maybe I could cook beans than do all this 🤔

@aligirl1964 Im with you about the beans. At the very least, I’d presoak those beans at least overnight to24 hours, before, freezing those packages. I do a lot with beans. There are tips and tricks.

Wow!!!! 🤩Such a brilliant idea and thanks so much for sharing with all of us! Also an amazing idea to re use the plastic baggies by just putting them in the freezer until next use! I usually wash them and re use as much as possible because I hate the wastage!
Did you also include the tomatoe paste inside the baggies along with all other ingredients?

@liamkincaid 💕thanks so much!!’ I was trying to prep the entire soup x2 and freeze it. Can you advise if this method is more efficient? Im so inspired by your idea that i wanna start now!! Perhaps this way it’s more fresh when we eat?

Back