Understanding Pip Cooking: Why Isn't It Used More Often?

And the fact that most recipes aren't written that way soo you may have other issues such and under or overcooked food

...I have been using my three IPs for 7+ years, never have I had a burn notice...once you understand the concept.of.pressure.cooking and how to work with different foods, it all makes sense...also, I take my lid apart and clean all parts after every use, about 4 times a week, still all original...I have.never used the PIP method, other than for the obvious, such as cheesecake, egg bites, flan...

I have been using IP’s for at least 3-4 years, I have 3 and have never had a burn notice. Make sure you deglaze your pan, you shouldn’t have a problem.

For recipes that include the liquid as part of the finished product, it seems that PIP cooking would just create unnecessary additional dishes while reducing the usable space in the pot.
If I'm making rice, soup, stew, beans, chili, etc., I need the liquid for the recipe anyway, so I might as well use the same liquid to pressurize the pot.

If water is evaporating there is something wrong, usually either with sealing ring or it's on venting instead of sealing.

No worry about evaporation as the pot is sealed until you release the steam. Things like pasta and rice absorb the liquid so more of an issue there.

I'm on my second instant pot, and i don't even know what the "burn" notice looks like.
Maybe its because I don't really do a lot of casserole type dishes...

I do PIP for all grains: rice, faro, oats. No issues with burning and leftovers can be stored in the same pot.

I have had my IP for 6 years and never had a burn warning. I do PIP often because there are only 2 of us, and sometimes I don’t want leftovers. Oatmeal with fruit is ideal, pinto beans, still frozen skinless chicken thighs then you keep the concentrated juice. Much easier to clean the small pot for a lot of items.

For me it's just one more think to clean. I used my pots probably a thousand times with only 1 burn notice due to a bad recipe.

Back