A Humbling Instant Pot Experience: Always Check the Cord Connection!

armywife78

Well, I owe my instant pot an apology. I was making chili today. And I got done sautéing, my garlic and everything, dumped everything in, put the lid on, and went to set it for pressure, and nothing happened! There was no lights, nothing blinking, no noise, Nada. So I tried all sorts of different plugs wanting to make sure that it was getting power. Then I started fussing and complaining that people don’t make things the way they used to! And why did this have to break down now? While I’m cooking? Then I yell at my husband “Honey, my instant pot isn’t working!“ He comes over, looks at it, looks around the back where the plug connects to the pot, pops it in and badda bing! Lights!  so, lesson learned. Always check to make sure the cord is connected in the back of the pot as well as plugged in. I’ve been using my pot for years and absolutely love it. This is the first time this is happened. I started considering myself an expert at this, well, now I’m humbled.

Glad that was all it was! But yes always check the back of the pot first as that is usually what happens, it just comes out a little and looks plugged in.

I learned to always plug it in first bc I’m good for doin things like this. I raise a special needs daughter and am always busy.

Back