Cooking a Chuck Roast in an Instant Pot: Timing and Consistency Questions

And it may or may not be too thick to pressure cook, but the cream soup will curdle, so you can't pressure cook it.

I think your post is a little confusing. You said you were slow cooking but then also mentioned pressure cooking. Maybe a little more clarification?

@arealwomanalwyz
I had 2 separate questions:
1- time for slow cooking roast in the IP
2- is it possible to cook roast under pressure using cream soups
I appreciate all the great information, very helpful answers to both questions

My instant pot is useless as a slow cooker. I just use my crockpot for stuff like that. It is an old model so the new ones may be better.

Condensed cream of anything soup will NOT curdle under pressure contrary to some other comments. However if you mixed it in you will most likely get a burn notice.

@dassark - Since slow cook function is not a pressure function, the cream of mushroom should be fine. … this might be helpful … HOW TO USE YOUR INSTANT POT AS A SLOW COOKER
“It is not as straightforward as you would think to use your Instant Pot as a Slow Cooker. This guide walks you through the modifications you need to know when using your pressure cooker as a slow cooker so that you can have Instant Pot success!”
With VIDEO

I made a roast in mine yesterday. Cooked on high pressure and used a can of cream of mushroom soup , a packet of lipton onion soup mix and 2 cups water and it was delicious

I'm about to do a 5 lb roast. I cut it in chunks, sear, add an extra cup of broth, then 60 minutes, then I release and add the veggies for another 15 minutes then NPR

Im guessing everyone yelling about slow cook not being under pressure missed question 2 asking if it can be cooked under pressure with the soup, which it can.

Back