Cooking a Chuck Roast in an Instant Pot: Timing and Consistency Questions

@ladeedee absolutely, its all about the layering. Thin liquid on bottom, other ingredients and seasongs then soup on top and do not stir. Do it all the time, especially with pork roast, chops, or tenderloins

Pressure cooks much quicker. All these people who are saying several hours are wrong. If its frozen solid I can cook stew meat in 30 minutes once its up to pressure and the time starts counting down. You need to use the meat rack and put at least 1 cup of water. Once the meat is cooked, use the broth and add the cream soup and heat thru under the sauté setting, not under pressure. You have to create steam to have the pressure. If your sauce is too thick, the pot will not seal and be under the pressure. It will fail to cook properly.

High on IP slow cooker is low on a crock pot, So it takes longer. So add a couple of hours.You can put "cream of" soups on top,or just wait and add at the end when pressure cooking. You need to have thin liquid for pressure to build,if not the dreaded burn notice comes.Hope this helps 😋.

If you go to pressure cook you will have to add water or broth to the pot. It takes thin liquid to come to pressure.

I don't suggest using it as a slow cooker. I use mine as a pressure cooker to cook my roast with potatoes, carrots and onions. I simply go by the chart I am going to send you for the weight and time for the roast then I release the steam when the time is done. I also add beef stock

Back