Discover the Perfect Potato Salad with Amy + Jacky's 'Zero Minute' Method: Cook Potatoes and Eggs Together for Amazing Texture!

Funny, making petite potatoes right now. I cut them after cooked so they don’t get water logged cut up. These potatoes are cooked in a steel mesh holder. Then I add my eggs separately. Slightly different than most people, I do 5-5-15 where the shells slip off better in the ice water bath.

As mentioned before, egg loaf makes it even easier - If you need several chopped hard-boiled eggs for egg salad, potato salad, etc. you might want to make an EGG LOAF instead of having to peel hard-boiled eggs - https://www.simplyhappyfoodie.com/instant-pot-egg-loaf/. For potato salad, you can put the pan on top of the cubed potatoes and cook both together (usually about 4-5 minutes) and your eggs are done … no peeling or putting in cold water (unless you want to cool down the pan). The only thing I change is I use a metal SS pan, not the glass bowl. Glass, unless it is canning jars, is not recommended for pressure cooking. Not even Pyrex.

@easymore what IP accessories did u buy for it? I hv a 3 & 6qt but can’t decide on all the other stuff needed to use it correctly for just about anything. For instance I don’t always like some of my meat sitting in broth or I might want to try making a cheesecake. I ordered 2 different plastic lids for my 3qt and neither one worked. Amazon the best place to look?

@gzaxx - You don’t need a lot of accessories. Don’t suggest you buy any of the collections on Amazon. They are usually very cheaply made and, often you don’t need them all. Many recipes only need the plain trivet you should have received with your Mini. Here are a few that I have, and use enough to make them worthwhile to buy, in my opinion. (Disclaimer: I have no connection to these products except as a satisfied customer!)
(1) IP Glass Lid - If you don’t already have one that fits
(2) IP Silicone Lid
(3) Steam Basket
(4) Ekovana Stackable Steamer Insert
- I love this set for my 3 quart for pot-in-pot (PIP) cooking! You can use one pan or both, as needed. (Disclaimer: I have no connection to this product except as a satisfied customer!)

While this looks convenient I have a hard time with egg shells in the potatoes. Eggs come from a chickens butt and are not sanitary even when they look clean.

Back