Instant Pot Gingery Chicken Soup: Best Time for Cooking Zucchini Noodles to Avoid Overcooking?

bjcj123

Hi,
I have a question; perhaps you can help me out.
I have a recipe for gingery chicken soup with zucchini noodles to be prepared in the instant pot. There is a warning in the recipe not to overcook those vegetables noodles. But… the step in which the noodles are added gives the following instruction: ‘pressure cook at level high - 0 minutes with the keep warm setting off’. I can imagine that zero minutes will not overcook the zucchini noodles, but I don’t think that it is meant as such…
Do you have a suggestion how long this step should take, to make sure that I don’t overcook the noodles but that they aren’t raw anymore either?
Thnx for your help!

Cook your noodles separately....then add in the serving bowls. I cook my green beans on 0 time...come out perfect every time. Noodles are different. Someone else may have different advice.

@deborahallen so ‘0 time’ is then just building the pressure and if it is ready, release? So the recipe might be right then, but misinterpreted by me ☺️
Thnx for your quick answer!

I am assuming the zucchini noodles are added after the rest of the soup is cooked. You pot should already be close to being up to pressure so 0 minutes would definitely cook anything added like zoodles. I can only add that I would release the pressure right away as zucchini is going to cook faster than beans.

Back